D.O.A. (2007)


Rated: PG-13 Grade: BCCD=B

Directed by: Corey Yuen, who has acted in or directed in about a thousand Asian movies, but his only other American work was directing The Transporter.

Starring: Jaime Pressly, Devon Aoki, Holly Valance, Sarah Carter, and Eric Roberts.

Okay, here’s what you need to know about this movie. It’s terrible. And very entertaining. PG-13 is just right, and for anyone who’s seen The Transporter a lot of this will seem familiar. It’s a martial-arts-Charlie’s-Angels-evil-plot-to-take-over-the-world extravaganza for 14 year old boys without any real nudity or violence. Think Mortal Kombat meets the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. I enjoyed it, but even I wouldn’t dare to call it good. But if I ever catch myself flipping through channels at 3AM, I wouldn’t be surprised to find myself watching it again on the USA network.

No comments: